|Job Location||Fire Department|
A Firefighter is responsible for providing fire prevention, suppression, and life and property protection for emergency and medical
incidents, as well as vehicle and equipment maintenance and records and reporting duties. A successful candidate must:
• Possess a Firefighter 1 certification
• Possess a First Responder certification
• Possess at least a high school education or equivalent (GED)
• Possess a Valid Driver’s License
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Be legally authorized to work in the United States
• Pass an extensive background screening which includes, but is not limited to, criminal
background checks (local, state and federal), and drug testing
• Demonstrate a stable work history
• Have the ability to work 24-hour shifts
The City of Ponchatoula offers a comprehensive benefits package including vacation, sick, & holiday pay; retirement plan; health, dental, vision, & life insurance plans.
Applications may be obtained by clicking the link above or at 125 W. Hickory St., Ponchatoula, LA 70454.
A copy of birth certificate, driver’s license, high school or GED diploma, First Responder and Firefighter 1 certifications must be submitted with the application to be considered. Completed applications should be mailed/delivered to: City of Ponchatoula, Attn: Human Resources, 125 W. Hickory St., Ponchatoula, LA 70454.
The City of Ponchatoula is a Drug-Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To become a candidate and apply for this job please download an application. Please complete and sign the application and return.
Accepted methods of return are:
1. Completed/Signed application scanned and returned as a PDF uploaded through the website. (preferred method)
2. Complete/Signed application can be faxed to Human Resources at (985) 386-0895.
3. Complete/Sign application and mail to Ponchatoula City Hall.
Incomplete applications and applications without signatures will not be considered.