The City of Ponchatoula is looking for a full-time Deputy Clerk/Purchasing Clerk. This position is responsible for performing purchasing functions and administrative work involved in the assigned functions of the City Clerk and other areas of City Government, including problem analysis, resolution and project administration. The work is subject to functional policies enacted by the City Council and goals under the general managerial direction of the City Clerk.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Purchasing experience (Preferred)
- Purchasing support for all departments by issuing purchase orders and placing orders as needed.
- Participates in vendor relationship management, identifying cost-saving opportunities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Assists in special projects or requests that arise.
- Knowledge of local government organization and administration helpful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ensures confidentiality of records and correspondence and maintains the confidentiality of the office at all times.
- Ability to carry out special assignments requiring organization of material, development of procedures and implementation.
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse range of personal contacts in a customer-service oriented, businesslike manner. This includes discretion, tact and confidentiality in working with highly sensitive, controversial or confidential matters.
- Ability to work evenings as needed.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in devising, installing, and/or interpreting City rules, regulations policies, or procedures.
The City of Ponchatoula is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workplace. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Dental insurance available
- Health insurance paid
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance available
- Retirement Plan
Submit resume and/or employment applications in person at City Hall or email to email@example.com.